Thursday, May 28, 2009

After You

After you
everything changed.
You broke my heart
and I've never been the same.
)(
You left me
when I was still hugging you,
in the middle of a kiss;
and I'm still incomplete.
)(I won't lie
I have laughed,
I have kissed other lips,
and other arms have hugged me,
I have had fun...
)(
I have been drinking
I've been crying,
I have had company
but I've been alone.
)(
I created a shell
to protect myself,
and it hurts.
)(
I'm still smiling
but it is never enough
to silence my sadness.
)(
I've suceed,
I have friends,
people love me,
I look happy
but I am not.
)(
At least not the way
I used to be,
not the way
you thaught me,
not the way
I want to be.
)(
After you
everything changed.
I'm still breathing,
I'm still alive
but it's different.
)(
The color changed,
the way I used to see things
the things I used to love
the passion I used to have.
)(
The flavor of life changed,
it doesn't taste the same...
)(
I'm still alive,
I breathe, I laugh,
life keeps going on,
I know it won't stop...
)(
but after you...
after you everything changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment